Running your own business is exciting, challenging and, hopefully, rewarding. You have enough on your plate dealing with what’s being thrown at you day to day, without worrying about what might happen if something goes wrong. Put the right business insurance policies in place and you can relax and get on with what you do best – running your business.
Things to know when starting your a business
If you’re starting your own business you need to protect your livelihood. Finding the right cover can give you peace of mind your income and investment is safe. Whether it’s damage to your business’ property and equipment, or paying compensation to a customer who’s been injured by one of your products – you need business insurance to cover the costs.
Some insurance is a legal requirement, some is optional. but make sure you pick the right policy for you and are covered for any eventuality.
How to get the best out of your business insurance
- Tell your insurer if you work from home.
- Check your business equipment is covered for both loss and accidental damage.
- If you employ people, make sure you have employers’ liability insurance, or you could receive a hefty fine.
- Always check the policy small print to see exactly what is and isn’t covered.
- If someone else owns the building your business is in, check it’s insured, to minimise any effect on your business caused by, for example, fire or flood.
- Shop around to get the best policy.