What if I need to make a travel claim?
- Take the travel policy paperwork and your insurer's helpline number with you on holiday.
- In case of emergency, leave a photocopy of the policy with your family or friends.
- If something happens, call your insurer. Keep all documentation and get advice from your case handler before paying for anything.
- Keep receipts for everything you buy to support your claim.
- Check whether it's a new for old policy otherwise the amount you get for items you're claiming for will be less than the cost of replacing them.
- Get your insurer to agree to medical treatment before it's carried out.
- Report lost or stolen belongings to the local police within 24 hours of them going missing. If this isn't possible, tell the person in charge.